THE LIBRARY-RESEARCH MEDIA CENTER OF WILLIAM CULLEN BRYANT HIGH SCHOOL
The William Cullen Bryant High School Library-Research Center is a 21st Century Library, offering a variety of resources in digital formats as well as in print. Our facility features:
- A comprehensive book collection of over 25,000 holdings (Including test prep materials, foreign language books, graphic novels, and professional pedagogical materials);
- Subscription online databases for computer research;
- An expanding digital collection of 675 eBooks available for circulation;
- An onsite computer lab of 30 desktops;
- A multimedia room for classes, equipped with laptop computers and a Smart-board;
- And two full time, experienced, New York State Certified, School Library Media Specialists.
OPENING A LIBRARY ACCOUNT
- View their library transactions (due dates, fines, loan history, etc);
- Check out e-books;
- Renew books online;
- Create reading lists;
- And create a friend list to discuss books.
MYLibraryNYC provides participating schools with:
ACCESS TO MILLIONS OF FREE RESOURCES (Teacher Sets; Individual Items; Digital Resources (educational databases & ebooks);
ENHANCED LIBRARY PRIVILEGES (No fines on books; Extended borrowing on books; Exclusive use of over 6,000 Teacher Sets designed just for educators; Free school delivery and pick up for Teacher Sets)
& PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (Align instructional resources to Common Core; Embed differentiated instruction; Support English language learners; Encourage independent reading).
- The School Library Media Specialists will strive to make the William Cullen Bryant High School Library- Research Center a welcoming and stimulating learning environment to help our students become lifelong readers and users of libraries.
- The School Library Media Specialists will strive to encourage our students to make independent reading choices, and to experiment with different genres, authors and reading levels.
- The School Library Media Specialists will provide a variety of research and information literacy instruction, including:
- Assisting students with the physical access to materials in print and computer-based formats;
- Demonstrating to students and staff the proper use of computer hardware and software applications;
- Teaching students how to locate reliable sources of information and how to critically evaluate them;
- Teaching students the steps involved in the research process.
- The School Library Media Specialists will collaborate with classroom teachers in supplying the materials needed to support the Common Core Standards, as well as the curricula of the City and State of New York.