LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
Search for Library Books
Search for Library Materials including:
Books (in Print), audio books, eBooks, digital audio books & DVDs:
Search for eBooks and Digital Audio Books
The Sora student reading app is a state-of-the-art reading experience that allows K-12 students to borrow eBooks and audiobooks. Available on smartphones, tablets and desktops, students can read for pleasure and complete assigned reading anytime, anywhere.
The most groundbreaking Sora feature is the ability to connect students with their local public library. This expands access to even more age-appropriate digital reading materials, including popular titles that may not be available through the school.
MYLibraryNYC provides participating schools with:
ACCESS TO MILLIONS OF FREE RESOURCES (Teacher Sets; Individual Items; Digital Resources (educational databases & eBooks);
ENHANCED LIBRARY PRIVILEGES ( Extended borrowing on books; Exclusive use of over 6,000 Teacher Sets designed just for educators; Free school delivery and pick up for Teacher Sets)
& PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (to align instructional resources to NY Next Generation Learning Standards; to embed differentiated instruction; Support English language learners; and encourage independent reading).
Accessing Your Library Account
- Check out e-books;
- View transaction history;
- Renew books online;
- Create individualized reading collections and wishlists;
- Write reviews for library books.
JOIN BRYANT LIBRARY'S GOOGLE CLASSROOM
OPEN FOR ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF
We invite you to join us to receive library information (such as special events and closures), digital tools, useful links, and so much more to help make your year at Bryant successful and enjoyable. News and events of the Queens Public Library will also be posted.
Feel free to post questions, make suggestions, recommend books or other resources, and comment, but please be respectful.
Classroom Code and Link:
WILLIAM CULLEN BRYANT HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY RESOURCES
The William Cullen Bryant High School Library-Research Center is a 21st Century Library, offering a variety of resources in digital formats as well as in print. Our facility features:
- A print collection of over 11,000 holdings (Including test prep materials, foreign language books, graphic novels, and professional pedagogical materials);
- Subscription online databases for computer research;
- An expanding digital collection of 3,000 eBooks available for circulation;
- An onsite computer lab of 32 workstations;
- And two full time, experienced, New York State Certified, School Library Media Specialists.
- The School Library Media Specialists will strive to make the William Cullen Bryant High School Library- Research Center a welcoming and stimulating learning environment to help our students become lifelong readers and users of libraries.
- The School Library Media Specialists will strive to encourage our students to make independent reading choices, and to experiment with different genres, authors and reading levels.
- The School Library Media Specialists will provide a variety of research and information literacy instruction, including:
- Assisting students with the physical access to materials in print and computer-based formats;
- Demonstrating to students and staff the proper use of computer hardware and software applications;
- Teaching students how to locate reliable sources of information and how to critically evaluate them;
- Teaching students the steps involved in the research process.
- The School Library Media Specialists will collaborate with classroom teachers in supplying the materials needed to support the curricula of NY State's Next Generation Learning Standards, as well as the guidelines and initiatives from the City of New York.